Gooch & Housego (Glenrothes)
Originally founded in 1976, Gooch & Housego (Glenrothes), formerly Spanoptic, is a leading global manufacturer of optical components for aerospace & defense and industry. We invest in both advanced technology and our staff to create a synergy of expertise to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
G&H (Glenrothes) produce flats, prisms, cylinders, spherical lenses, aspheres and assemblies, processing a wide range of both visible and IR materials. Our advanced production and metrology equipment allows us to manufacture high precision optics with complex geometries and tight tolerances. It is our ambition to continuously improve our capabilities. Since the beginning of 2009 G&H have also been producing optical components using single-point diamond turning (SPDT) machinery in order to complement the existing product range.
- Spheres (diameters 2-500mm), cylindrical lenses, rod lenses
- Aspheres (diameters 5-140mm for the visible, 2-200mm for the IR)
- Mirrors (flat 4-500mm, spherical 2-500mm, parabolic 5-140mm)
- Various prisms, flats, filters, graticules and windows
- MRF Finishing for sizes up to 200mm with X and Y axis
- Assembly work, assistance with all stages of the design and procurement cycle
- Single Point Diamond turning
G&H (Glenrothes) operate a strict quality control system. The company is ISO 9001 2008
Type of Optics Asphere, Cylinder, Domes/Windows, Large optics (>300mm), Plano, Prism, Sphere
Services Assembly, Coating, Grinding, Lens design, Metrology, Opto-mechanical design, Polishing, Prototypes
Research Interests MRF