TIRI (Taiwan Instrument Research Institute)
TIRI – Taiwan Instrument Research Institute (formerly known as ITRC) is a government funded research institute pioneering in instrument related frontier researches foreseen by the nation. Our long term prospect is to advance national science competence and to improve the quality of lives for the public.
- Optical remote sensing systems that help detect vegetation and land change as well as monitor precision agriculture and natural disasters
- Micro biomedical chips that help symptom diagnosis and the system of point-of-care
- Automatic optical inspection systems that help rapid inspection of back light units
TIRI’s core inter-disciplinary research domains include: opto-electro-mechanical system, precision optics & machining,and vacuum technology and microstructure. The research and development organization concentrates on exploring and realizing innovative ideas that are implemented through TIRI’s technical support organization.
TIRI’s technical support organization has global outreach through its participation in international research exchange programs, technical publications and lectures and the annual international scientific instrument technology workshop. The technical organization also provides technical consulting services to various entities.
Through the combined efforts of research and development and technical teams, TIRI has proved its in-depth capability, its flexibility and responsiveness to public needs.
In the realm of precision Optics & machining, TIRI offers:
- Aspheric Optics Fabrication & Inspection
- Ultra-precision Freeform Machining
- Meter-Scale Aspheric Mirrors Fabrication for Aerospace Application
- Design, Fabrication & Testing for Optics & Optical System
- Astronomical Observation Customization
- Optics for Stepper & Aligner
Type of Optics Asphere, Conformal, Freeform, Large optics (>300mm), Light-weighted optics, Molds, Plano, Prism, Prototypes, Sphere
Services Assembly, Coating, Contract Manufacturing, Electro-mechanical design, Grinding, Lens design, Metrology, Molding, Opto-mechanical design, Polishing, Prototyes, SPDT
Research Interests MRF